Is this a normal feeling or a "Close Encounters" change of life?

Reaction score
As I stock my supplies for my ponds creation I feel a little uneasy with the thought of what my yard looks like from the 2nd story window of the neighbors house behind me! I've well been know for being a "junk yard dog" as one of my neighbors loving labeled me because of my ways of running across interesting things and brining it home! A neighbor across the street from my driveway said they loved to watch me come home and unload my van, "lets see what Lisa has in her van today"!

I had this sinking feeling I was being watched from the 2nd story when I pulled all the carpet from the shed and installed it in my clay hole in the ground. Roots and rocks are my bain and 1 felt liner will not give me rest at night. And I admit that I felt oddly obsessed and out of control.
Some pics of my pending piles and Close Encounters of the Pond Kind! At least I disposed my clay piles!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20140517_161248.jpg
    IMG_20140517_161248.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1057.JPG
    IMG_1057.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 253

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love it! Make sure that large white piece will bend into the pond wall , can't tell if it is smooth wall behind or if you have a shelf there. If there is cut the carpet so it folds.
I used carpet in arizona, worked great, here I used carpet padding

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
LOL! Same boat! But I've gotten where I don't care any more -- I know that ONE DAY it will be a beautiful work of art and won't the neighbors be jealous.....!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good gosh you should see a few of my neighbors yards ;)I gotta say I love your rock pile .But then I am a ponder .Here they have a habit of collecting cars that do not run and lawnmowers that they leave out all winter and then come spring they wonder why they do not work .

Reaction score
Heck you look NORMAL to me! We have the same problem our neighbors house sit up high on a hill then ours. There first floor bedroom window looks directly into my second story windows if that gives you a picture -_- And I'm they same way as you, if it's free, and I can use it in some way I bring it home :)
Who cares what they think anyway, if they frown on us for recycling, then P### on them :p I think your pond is gonna look fabulous! My favorite is rocks, I haven't paid for one of the sandstone stone or rocks ive used, found them ALL. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ugh, I hate nosy neighbors :mad: And we live where the houses are really close together. It's hard to do almost anything without the people next door being able to see what I'm doing :cautious: I don't like it one bit...

Your yard looks normal to me ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I look down from my hill on my neighbors but lucky here most lots are an acre or more .It depends on how many lots you want to buy .But there is a bad side to that also as land needs to be taken care of and grass needs mowed and trimmed .I think my next house will be maybe an acre and all flat .The other house is near Smith Mountain lake and has almost 12 acres but there is a creek running across the middle of the property

Reaction score
Love it! Make sure that large white piece will bend into the pond wall , can't tell if it is smooth wall behind or if you have a shelf there. If there is cut the carpet so it folds.
I used carpet in arizona, worked great, here I used carpet padding

Thanks for the help, the white piece is on a wall, but I did go out and cut some other areas. This is mostly new carpet left over from a hotel that I spotted next to their dumpster, left over odds and ends. It is very stiff and I didn't know if the water and rock would flatten or not.

Reaction score
Now your neighbour thinks you have totally lost the plot :LOL: "look she's carpeting a hole in the ground", is it thats she's nuts :D no she's a pond keeper or will be soon :)

Dave ;)

LOL! Same boat! But I've gotten where I don't care any more -- I know that ONE DAY it will be a beautiful work of art and won't the neighbors be jealous.....!

Yes exactly what I think!

And to think they don't even know how many hours of enjoyment they will have at the upstairs windows of their bedrooms!! I guess I have already given them plenty with my pond antics. To be honest thier the youngest 2 kids love watching and helping me, their 4 older (teenish) are mean but that's o.k. it keeps them on their side of the fence!

Reaction score
good gosh you should see a few of my neighbors yards ;)I gotta say I love your rock pile .But then I am a ponder .Here they have a habit of collecting cars that do not run and lawnmowers that they leave out all winter and then come spring they wonder why they do not work .

We do have 5 cars in the front!! But they all are licensed, run and are used regularly, 2 are in garage and 3 summered outside in the driveway!

I live in a neighborhood and I want to leave but it isn't time yet. My awesome husband figured it was cheaper to let me put a pond in the backyard so I can have a peaceful retreat verses selling and buying another home. He is a Mechanical Engineer, Real Estate Broker and House Flipper!!!

Reaction score
I didn't take a picture of it, but I can tell you that my yard had your yard beat!

I had my little pond disassembled and dug deeper at the same time that we had our bluestone patio cleaned and tuck-pointed. So EVERYTHING on the patio (which includes patio furniture, a ton of plant stands for my orchids and a ridiculous number of pots) and the entire pond components were all in the middle of my lawn. Plus a pile of dirt!

It looked like the Clampetts had moved in. I'm sure it was driving my OCD neighbor nuts (the one who cuts his lawn twice each time).

Ask a Question