Is this normal? Pond Air pump konked out after less than 3 month use

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi folks,

Back in late March my air pump an old AL-100 ran for about 6 years before it gave out. I replaced it with a Blue Diamond ET100 Pond Air Pump that came with a 2 year warranty. It hasn't even been 3 months and this new one has konked out and wont turn on. I thought this was a good brand and I bought it through pondusa. I've asked what the warranty procedure is but I'm really shocked this one gave out so quickly. Does anyone have experience with this place or this pump?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NOPE but i would guess it is a diaphragm pump. find a nitto pump they are a piston pump

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
So I got a call from pond usa today and he is saying the pump supplier wants all this information on what kind of setup I have because he thinks I overheated the air pump. I've never heard of that before so I told him its running a koi toilet and branches off to a pond digger waterfall where I have a valve to regulate the air so most goes into the waterfall and the rest to the aerator on the 4 inch koi toilet for the fish. Now I cannot understand how my setup could "overheat" an air pump. I had an old Alita AL-100 that lasted 5 years no issues and this one a Blue Diamond ET100 Pond Air Pump should have been comparable. I'm taking pics of my air setup so if anyone can provide any feedback to this theory of theirs it would be great.

pulse-image-1686079761634.jpg

The red valve is where I regulate the air from the waterfall to the koi toilet aerator

pulse-image-1686079754538.jpg

Ask a Question