Is this the product I should use to seal stuff ? just make'n sure

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Loctite® PL® S30 Polyurethane Roof & Flashing Sealant

Is this the PL roof sealant I have read mentioned to seal stuff in the pond ??

I finished installing my skimmer and I broke a tab on the stupid savio weir door. I just sometimes underestimate my strength !! ;) So, I gotta loosen the faceplate's screws a little so I can insert the new weir door. I am concerned about it pontentially leaking now after re-tightening the screws.

------------

On Addy's pond build thread, page 11 top image, there is a product she talks well about called "Professional Grade Seal Mate".

Should this work also? Are they the same thing?

Which should I use?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
yes that is the one that you need, BUT try to carefully install it with out removing the screws if possible. It does require at least a few hours to cure before applying water. I did the same thing and was able to snap the door back in place with very little effort. BTW, the skimmer will still work just fine without the wier door but the level of the pond water will drop about 1/2"

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Loctite® PL® S30 Polyurethane Roof & Flashing Sealant

Is this the PL roof sealant I have read mentioned to seal stuff in the pond ??

I finished installing my skimmer and I broke a tab on the stupid savio weir door. I just sometimes underestimate my strength !! ;) So, I gotta loosen the faceplate's screws a little so I can insert the new weir door. I am concerned about it pontentially leaking now after re-tightening the screws.

------------

On Addy's pond build thread, page 11 top image, there is a product she talks well about called "Professional Grade Seal Mate".

Should this work also? Are they the same thing?

Which should I use?

I use the loctite pl roofing sealant over the seal mate, it does not self level and dries faster then the seal mate. The seal mate, where I used it, is still doing a great job, but now prefer the pl roofing sealant. I installed my skimmer using the pl roofing sealant, didn't want to trust just using the gasket. Also my skimmer is white, (pool skimmer) I used the pl roof sealant to make the skimmer black, just smeared it all over the white face and throat. (using gloves lol)

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The product I linked says, " Not Recommended for : Underwater applications or permanent water immersion. "

Should I ignore this?

Sounds like it still works but just wanted to make sure, hehe. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The product I linked says, " Not Recommended for : Underwater applications or permanent water immersion. "

Should I ignore this?

Sounds like it still works but just wanted to make sure, hehe. :)

Well mine has been underwater for about a year now and still working great, it is probably a disclaimer to protect them from law suits.

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I have used Gold label pond sealant. http://www.absolute-koi.com/prod852.html I had the same problem with my skimmer box. I redid my pond this spring and I stripped out the holes on the box for the mounting plate. I had to drill them all the way thru the skimmer box and then used the Gold Label sealant.. I works great and I used it for my skippy filter too. Had one spot that was leaking and my skippy was already full of water so I tried out there claim that it can be used underwater. Yep. Its true. Sealed it right up and no issues so far.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
looks like it is just overseas, sissy, even on ebay it has to come from the uk.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hmmm wonder if they will ship it here and at what cost .You would think there would be something similar here

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hmmm wonder if they will ship it here and at what cost .You would think there would be something similar here

25 for the tube, 16 for shipping from the uk per ebay

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
found you can buy it in the U.S. the pond outlet sells it out of California and a couple of other places too 15 and up to 27 dollars

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I googled it and plenty of places sell it here and was surprised at how well it works ,geeze should have marked the one that showed a video of it being applied underwater

Ask a Question