Issues with quotes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
When I quote someone's post, I will generally trim the quoted text down to the portion I am trying to respond to. I've been noticing lately that if I make ANY changes to the quoted text with BBCode turned on in the editor, the quotes go away and I am left with raw text hanging in the edit window. I have started turning off BBCode any time I want to post with a quote intact. The editor seems to freak out consistently if I try to remove text from either the beginning or end of the quoted portion.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look and it looks like this is a known issue with the software which I should be able to fix soon - I'll try and get this working in the next few days :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm patching the software now to try and fix this - should be done in about 15 mins, but may require an F5 refresh for the changes to be picked up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Ian said:
...patching the software now to try and fix this - should be done in about 15 mins, but may require an F5 refresh for the changes...
OK, it's better, but not quite there. I can edit up to the beginning and end of the quote block now, however it I place my cursor at the first position of the quoted text and hit backspace (or go to the end and hit delete), it still completely trashes the whole quoted area. I'm trying to think of how this can be handled cleanly, but the only thing that comes to mind is each quoted block be placed inside its own textarea within the editor, so that excessive deletes do not accidentally remove the quote tags around the area. Ugh... this is why I try not to get into too fancy of web coding myself.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll report this to the developers and see if we can improve it some more :).

Ask a Question