It Has Begun

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Good evening everyone.

I have broke ground and started a collection of rock and wood. The wood and rock in the photos were collected/gathered by us and cost us $0 dollars. I plan on incorporating this cool driftwood into the design/completion of our pond.

Please wish us luck. :)

The Wood
TheWood.jpg

The Rock
TheRock.jpg

The Hole
TheHole.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Thank you very much everyone.

After having marked the pond with marking paint, I must have gone to the outside a bit because my 9X5 pond turned out to be 9 Feet 3 Inches X 5 Feet 6 Inches. Go figure?:)

Cheers.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Its already starting !!!!
You want a larger pond...Its not going to get any better :)

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
LOL! already bigger! Ha ha! DrCase is so right! Go deeper than you wanted to!!!

That's the plan koikeepr. I was originally considering 3 feet but I think I am going to try for 4 feet. The only problem is, I have been digging this hole by myself with 1 X Shovel, 1 X Pick Axe and a soar back. :)

Cheers.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
In a few weeks you wont even remember all the pain and suffering it took to get it down that deep ....:coffeemug:

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
The HOLE!

Good evening everyone.

Here is a shot of the hole after lot's of digging. As we are sitting on basically a limestone sheet I was forced to stop at a little over 3 feet at the deepest part. I have taken a picture of the hole in it's current state.

I seem to be getting water seepage from somewhere, has anyone else experienced this after digging?

Thanks again.

001.jpg

Reaction score
yes, and it is something to be concerned about because it causes your liner to lift up. What you need to do is shove a sump pump in there and get the water out. If you don't see more water coming up you'll be fine. If you do, your water table could be too high for a underground pond and you'll need to build up above ground.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Let the water rise and see how high it gets
the water table may just be high this time of year
If it is lower than the ground level ,,, Once your pond is filled up it should have enough water pressure in the pond to hold every thing down ....If the water fills the hole to the top... then you might have to build the rim of the pond a few inches above the ground..Just Like Koikeeper has suggested

Ask a Question