It never hurts to ask...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
For the past couple weeks we've been driving by a construction site with tons of nice big rocks, and I've been wondering what they would be doing with them. My husband would never pull over so I could stop to ask - of course... But today I happened by there on my own, so I stopped to inquire. The owner told me I could have as much of it as I wanted! So I was able to pick up 10 good ones to fit in the vehicle I had, and told the fellow I'd be back with my husband and our truck in the next day or two to get more. So it never hurts to just ask!

DSCF4001.JPG

Today's freebies in the front. Shale freebies collected elsewhere, but aren't for inside the pond, and some handpicked flagstone slabs from a stone place I found on 'vacation'. Another case of it never hurts to ask....they allowed me to pick through open pallets of stone and take just what I wanted, and charged me .15 cents a pound. In our neck of the woods the stone places will only sell by the full pallet. Period.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
For the past couple weeks we've been driving by a construction site with tons of nice big rocks, and I've been wondering what they would be doing with them. My husband would never pull over so I could stop to ask - of course... But today I happened by there on my own, so I stopped to inquire. The owner told me I could have as much of it as I wanted! So I was able to pick up 10 good ones to fit in the vehicle I had, and told the fellow I'd be back with my husband and our truck in the next day or two to get more. So it never hurts to just ask!

View attachment 112868
Today's freebies in the front. Shale freebies collected elsewhere, but aren't for inside the pond, and some handpicked flagstone slabs from a stone place I found on 'vacation'. Another case of it never hurts to ask....they allowed me to pick through open pallets of stone and take just what I wanted, and charged me .15 cents a pound. In our neck of the woods the stone places will only sell by the full pallet. Period.

That's so true I have gotten huge boulders that were thousands of pounds before for just 200.00 for all of them which was the expense to deliver them. Wish I could find a deal like that again oh wait I kind of did just smaller rock lol.but those were like 700 lbs ea.

Ask a Question