It really pays to complain .......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Val and I where looking into books on Fish pathology when we came across this book, which though is library withdrawn is in very good condition ;-

So rather exitedly as our last Lbrary withdrawn book was spotless and in brilliant condition we went ahead and bught the book.
Titled 'Fish Pathology' by Ronald J. Roberts BVMS PhD(Glasgow) FRCVS FRCP...1999.

Pretty cool we thought then sat down and duly awaited for the day the book was to arrive and it didnt :( oh no our next thoughts weve been ripped off :mad:
Then an email Sorry been out of country and in hospital so I couldnt dispatch book so sorry but the book is on its way.
To give the man his due the next day the book did arrive so rather exitedly we opened the package and there it was our book well no sorry[quick retake], it was someones book, same title, same seller, yet not ours.:(
It was damaged goods what with coffee rings on the front cover, staining on back cover, the sides top and bottom of the book binding worn through to cardboard, it also had a damaged spine [you name it].
Thats what turned up it was fit for the dumpster thats all, now remember the seller had discribed the books as "In good condition"yes, so clearly this wasnt our book:cry:.
So I complained direct to Amazon books about his wrongly describing books for financial gain above their true worth ,describing in detail everything about the book to Amazon and sent it off to their investigators .
Yesterday Amazon sent me an email saying that the cash we paid for it had all been refunded to our bank account :cool::happy:,
The book its a mess fit only for the incinerator :(
The moral of the story is this it pays to complain because every now and again the little guy wins (y)

Dave

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Every now and then. Amazon is good about complaints, they are totally into customer service.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It amazes me how some people don't care .My son sells sports cards and figures on ebay and is always complimented on how well protected it is when shipped and he always sends a note and small gift thanking them for purchasing from him .Some people care about what they sell and show it .There are ones that really make buying things through amazon and ebay a nightmare

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We oder take-out food a lot [OK, so TurtleMommy cooks for the turtles, but not for the humans......now you know!], and occasionally an order gets screwed up or they'll leave something out. Hubby tries to check before he leaves with the food, but sometimes that's not possible. Not so much with fast-food places [they don't really care], but with the nicer restaurants, I tell him we need to call back and tell them they messed up the order. Customer feedback is the way a business knows how well [or poorly] they are performing.

So good for you Dave! Which reminds me, I have an Amazon order I need to follow up on.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a certain standard of book that we put in our Library they havve to be in reasonable condition .
That wreck of a book wasnt up to our standards but your right it seems people dont seem to care that its getting them a bad name all they do then is change their name and open up shop again .
This is one of the main reasons we never shop on ebay .

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son sells a lot on ebay and there are reputable ones on there that I have bought from and I always look at there complaint history .My so runs SVA cards and so far not one complaint .I have bought from cll pets and webbs and country fish girl and topdog seller and so far not one problem ,luck maybe .I got my U.V.'s with 2 extra bulbs at only 32 dollars for an 18 watt one .So far this is the second year and not one problem with it also bought 2- 9 watt ones for my neighbor and have a 9 watt one also and gave one away

Ask a Question