tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
fish2.JPG
fish3.JPG
fish4.JPG
fish5.JPG

Well folks I went and did it. Found these 2 guys last night. They aren't shubunkins, in fact, I don't know what they are since they were in the "Miscellaneous fish" bin. But they kept blowing fish kisses at me and my daughter so home they came. I'm still looking to get 2 Shubby's this weekend but I now have fish!
To be fair, I'm not sure for how long since I have a toad/frog the size of a baseball creeping around in the water as of last night. I really hope he doesn't eat them.
The redder one with the longer tail is pretty outgoing, I saw him out and about a little this morning, the orange smaller one is a little shy.
Oh now can anyone tell me what kind of goldfish they are? I'm going to guess the orange is a sarasa??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Congratulations! They look like sarosa comets to me, but I'll let the gold fish experts chime in. Blow them some kisses from all of us :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hi Haro, I'm T... (That's a definite yes for issues, I'm just adding more to my already crowded plate... )
And both are sarasas? I wasn't sure since one has a longer tail.
And thanks so much Rob!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Putty!!!! :) :) :) :) way to go
The fins get longer as they grow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There they are, I missed this post some how.

They are both so cute :love:

I always thought the shorter tail is a common goldfish and the long tail is a comet. The coloring on both is considered sarasa.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They are SO CUTE!!!! I mean, they're no PONY
Man just wait till the Giraffe gets in, you'll all be whistling a different tune then... Hehe
That's what people with common goldfish say to make themselves feel better ;) I say it on a daily basis!
So it is just a... I mean so it is a common goldfish?
See what happens when I buy "misc. fish"... So much for my miles of conversation regarding shubunkins.
I love it when my perfect plan comes together... Hehe

Ask a Question