Ivy-Leaved Water Crowfoot (Buttercup) in the USA, anyone ever see any?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
https://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=RAHE2

Ranunculus hederaceus L. or Ivy-Leaved Water Crowfoot (Buttercup), this reference says it's native in the USA, but I can't find a single reference to it being sold anywhere despite it being a pond plant that is sold in the UK? I thought maybe it's invasive, but when wildflower/org says it's native, it's probably native.

buttercup.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have not seen Ranunculus hederaceus, but there are a number of similar species of white-flowered aquatic buttercup. In California, I've seen Ranunculus aquatilis and R. lobbi, both of which look similar to R. hederaceus. I don't know of any commercial sources in the U.S.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have not seen Ranunculus hederaceus, but there are a number of similar species of white-flowered aquatic buttercup. In California, I've seen Ranunculus aquatilis and R. lobbi, both of which look similar to R. hederaceus. I don't know of any commercial sources in the U.S.
Right, it's just not sold as a pond plant, which I find bizarre if it's native here and sold as a pond plant in other countries. I'm always looking for native pond plants that might work for my small preformed pond. Things with itty bitty leaves and flowers. This stuff looks perfect.

Ask a Question