j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had to delete my old showcase as all the photo's were gone cuz I quit Photo Bucket. I added photo's from my computer the best that I could remember what belonged where so it is what it is.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Glad you took the time to update your info. I love looking at your pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you for the kind words and I still need to update it now that I have fixed somewhat. I don't seem to be able to add photo's right from my computer to other areas of the showcase tho. There is only an attach button for the overview section and none for the other area's like construction and fish and plant sections. Only an image button that wants an https address and mine are all from my computer. I don't use the cloud or any of those other net sites to store my pix.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't seem to be able to add photo's right from my computer to other areas of the showcase tho. There is only an attach button for the overview section and none for the other area's like construction and fish and plant sections. Only an image button that wants an https address and mine are all from my computer.

I see what you mean - I just tested it on my showcase.

@Ian - are you able to look at this? In a showcase, the overview section has the same "insert image" button that we have in regular posts, but all other sections only give you an option to insert an http link to add photos.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I see what you mean - I just tested it on my showcase.

@Ian - are you able to look at this? In a showcase, the overview section has the same "insert image" button that we have in regular posts, but all other sections only give you an option to insert an http link to add photos.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at this now :).

edit: It looks like it's not possible to add attachments to the other sections, only to the main one. I think agree that this doesn't make much sense, so I'll speak to the addon developer to see if we can change this.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I heard back from the developer, and there are plans to change how this works in future - plus a workaround for now :)

Attachments can only be uploaded and embedded into the editor that the attachment uploader is associated with (in this case, its section 1, which is the main content input for the content type). If there are multiple editors on a given page, the only option you have is to HOT LINK attachments into those editors eg, upload the attachments to the showcase item and then right click on the attachment, copy image location, the use the IMG bbcode to display the image in Section 2-5 or any custom fields using the Rich Text Editor.

I do have some long range plans to redesign the "Sections" architecture. Part of that redesign would be that sections are added individually, which means that each section would have its own attachments uploading for only that section. It also means that it won't be limited to sections 1-5, you'd be able to add a 100 sections if that is what you wanted to do. I use something similar in AMS for multi page articles and it would work well for Showcase Sections.

Reaction score
your pond looks awesome J.W. I recently moved to Florida from NJ and had to leave mine behind, sure would of loved to have brought it with me :) Gave the bulk of the koi and goldfish to my brothers friend and left one koi and a couple goldfish for the prospective new owners, didn't really know the fate of the pond unfortunately. having had the koi for so long, they do become like pets.

Reaction score
well, this house actually came with its own natural pond in the back yard, and for now I'm enjoying watching the cranes, turtles, heron's (even though herons ate some of my fish from the pond in NJ :() and the stars of the pond, alligators. so I traded one pond for a slightly different pond, and it requires no maintenance from me :).

Ask a Question