JBL product on market" water perameters read by phone".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
JBL ProScan Multi water test with evaluation by means of smartphone app now if this works this would be a pretty smart bit of kit to own.
Just think about it a moment never again will you need worry about your water perameters , just use the app instead.
That good old German ingenuity at work again how cool is that ?
What it tests how it tests I know not but it'd be worth a good look into

https://www.jbl.de/en

Marshall your all about when it comes down to tech stuff tell us about it please how does it work my friend ?

Dave

Last edited:

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It seems like it involves using color coded test strips, Dave. I'm skeptical of anything that mentions the use of plastic test strips, as the commercially available test strips are inferior to liquid (drop) test kits. Great idea though!

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
JBL ProScan Multi water test with evaluation by means of smartphone app now if this works this would be a pretty smart bit of kit to own.
Just think about it a moment never again will you need worry about your water perameters , just use the app instead.
That good old German ingenuity at work again how cool is that ?
What it tests how it tests I know not but it'd be worth a good look into

https://www.jbl.de/en

Marshall your all about when it comes down to tech stuff tell us about it please how does it work my friend ?

Dave
The test itself is analog and all the smartphone does is crunch the numbers to give you an evaluation. I would say it could be useful but not as a primary means of water care. I may be wrong but, I think there is a unknown sense that lets you know when things just arent 100% maybe an intuition.
PS: If anyone want's their future read I would be happy to make something up for a small fee ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've used exact micro7+ and now I have upgraded to the eXact iDip 570.
I crossed check these with liquid test kits and they are very accurate.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've used exact micro7+ and now I have upgraded to the eXact iDip 570.
I crossed check these with liquid test kits and they are very accurate.
Can't beat a photometer for accuracy. eXact has always produced quality equipment. I was unaware that this kit was available and, considering, the extremely wide range of parameters that can be tested, quite reasonably priced.
I will have to look into this kit further as a replacement for all of the portable probes that I now use.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can't beat a photometer for accuracy. eXact has always produced quality equipment. I was unaware that this kit was available and, considering, the extremely wide range of parameters that can be tested, quite reasonably priced.
I will have to look into this kit further as a replacement for all of the portable probes that I now use.
PM me when you're ready and I can give you a good pricing.

Ask a Question