Jebao CF-30 filter

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these filters.I am trying to make sure I have the hoses connected correctly.There are 3 connections on the filter,If your standing in front of the filter the inlet to the far left is the backflush.I wanted to know what gets hooked to the middle one and the one to the right

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you go to the web site they have a chat box, they might be able to tell you.

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I have one, switching it out to strictly a UV filter since I have a long stream to do my biological for me. Mine currently is buried under a couple feet of snow, can you post a pic & I should be able to tell you which is which. A good thing to use for the backflush option I found was a sump pump hose, cheap, came its own clamp & you can direct the run off then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I just Ordered my Jebao CF-10 (smaller version, pond is only 400G) I have not got it yet or i would help you! Nathan, how do these filters work?, Im curious as it was a reaaaallllyyy good deal on E-bay lol

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
It's a simple pressure filter, water goes through mechanical filtration first (3 different graded pads, found insect larva in one layer when cleaned it one fall), then into the bottom portion which is full of bio balls for biological filtration. If you have the UV version, the uv tube is in the center & the water passes by that on its way through. 3 hoses, one for inlet, one outlet, & 1 for flushing. Pretty easy set up.

Reaction score
I just bought a new Jebao CF-30 and its leaking from the water pressure indicator? Does anyone know how to fix this. Im using a 750 gph pump. Its leaking on the plastic piece where the little hole is on top of the water pressure indicator please help anyone???/

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Looking at it from the top and the 3 hose connections going away from you.
from Left to Right
1st one is the inlet (The water coming from the pump goes here)
2nd In the Middle is the Back flush
3rd in the out let (Hose connection Back to the Pond)

Ruben

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My water pressure indicator light NEVER works (Green or Red) and I run a CF-10 (A bit smaller version) with a 950GPH Pump and it only leaks if I Don't put the Gasket O'Ring on the lid right. You should be able to screw or unscrew the "Light Indicator" cap tighter if it is leaking, Im not sure if it has an O'Ring or not as well? My Filter Is AWESOME by the way, Have not been on here in a few months but the filter is really keeping the Pond clean :) Oh and I run .75''ID hose In-Out and Backwash but might change to 1'' soon for MAXIMUM FLOW lol

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello

Imzain Wrote:
thanx ruben but im not talking about the hose connections im talking about the water pressure indicator leaking
Sorry actually was commenting on the first post did not see there was a answer to that question unless I missed it.

As to your question I have never had mine off and mine has never leaked.
But if it do's screw off as Jason said and you don't see a crack on it or no problems with the gasket or ol ring you can take/get some Aquarium sealent and goop it around the seal edge
and screw it back down give it 24 hours for it to dry and you should be good to go.

Ruben

Reaction score
I have one and you get what you pay for. They are very inexpensive but not the greatest quality. To the person having the pressure indicator leak, I also had the same problem. As far as I can tell the little air hole on the top was leaking because the gasket that pushed the red sleeve up to the top to indicate problems with the flow was a crappy gasket(seal). I did not want to spend the time finding a proper gasket so I just covered up the little air hole on the top. This will probably render the green/red indicator useless but i was willing to take that chance. I just cut a little piece of plastic and super glued it over the hole on the outside, then turned it over and put a few drops in the bottom to fill the hole up with glue. Let it dry and it solved the problems. I am thinking the indicator will always show green, but I figure there are other ways to tell if i am having pressure problems that a cheap plastic piece. Other than that mine does the job just fine expecially for the price i paid for it. Also there are two gaskets on that Pressure indicator the gasket on the screw top where it connects to the filter and the little gasket inside the assembly that wraps around the red piece. This little gasket on the red piece was where my leak was causing water to go out the little air hole on the top. Obviously not a big leak but annoying

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Looked at mine when I read this, I thought it was a light :banghead3: but now I know it moves up and down (Green or Red) to show pressure :redface: . Mine has been working excellent so far, and when February comes, I will change out my UV for a new bulb! No leaks on my indicator... yet?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
If imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery, then Jebao is the most sincere company in the world. It's a Chinese company and it looks like they've copied pumps and filters from most of the companies that I know! Their website is not very informative but if anyone has problems, I would suggest going to the website of the product they've copied and look at the manual there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Jebao and SunSun lol, But hey, they make good products for the money! If my filter last more than a year or two, I will be happy for paying the $50 for it as it has kept my small pond crystal clear over the year. Both companies have really good reviews on ebay and other sites, so I hope my 2 Sunsun pumps and 1 Jebao pump and 2 Jebao filters last me another year before I build My large pond :fingersx:

Ask a Question