Jebao cf10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone help or advice. I have a Jebao CF10 pressurised filter.all was good. It cleaned the water well. Then suffered low water flow. I have stripped and cleaned a number of times flow never matches the original flow , down to about half original and then after about an hour or so it drops to little more than a dribble. Only been in about six months
Pond Has about ten fish seven small and three large and is about 4000 litres
Spoke to Jebao on e mail and they were less than helpful (their last e Mail said gosh I don't know look ar forums for an answer). What sort of an answer is that! By the way the mechanism for showing when you need a backwash is also useless. It does not work at all
Anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Any help would be gratefully recieved

Thanks

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Please don't get me started! Jebao (and all similar products, probably made in the same plant) are cheap Chinese copies of other people's designs, made with inferior materials, with little if any access to replacement parts or manufacturer support. I get people coming in every year, wanting to know if there is any fix for their now non-functioning filter/pump/UV clarifier, you name it, (I run the pond department in a garden centre). I've seen plastic cases that split after a few weeks, impellers that fell apart within days, and of ten UV units I brought in, six did not work, straight out of the box! Sorry I can't offer any help with your problem, but yes, many others have had similar experiences!
John

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Please don't get me started! Jebao (and all similar products, probably made in the same plant) are cheap Chinese copies of other people's designs, made with inferior materials, with little if any access to replacement parts or manufacturer support. I get people coming in every year, wanting to know if there is any fix for their now non-functioning filter/pump/UV clarifier, you name it, (I run the pond department in a garden centre). I've seen plastic cases that split after a few weeks, impellers that fell apart within days, and of ten UV units I brought in, six did not work, straight out of the box! Sorry I can't offer any help with your problem, but yes, many others have had similar experiences!
John

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Agreed John they dont make things to last nowadays my favorite filters of all time where Aquarium filters that still work to this veryand were purchased way back in 1990 and thats the Eheim 2017. You simply couldnt beat them nor any Eheim product .
My other great favorite has to be the fluval FX5 which I keep as a backup filter for the pond , but for pond filtration you cant beat vortex styled filters in sequence

Dave

Ask a Question