Jebao ECF-15000

Jev

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Does anyone have a Jebao ECF-10000 or 15000 UV filter?

I really want to know how stiff the handle is on top for switching between filter, clean, reverse flow etc?

Many thanks.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had a Jebao 5000- didn't last a month before it started leaking from main seal. It was extremely hard to move the lever form filter to backflush mode.

Jev

Reaction score
I am trying the ECF-15000 and the handle is so hard to move I dismantled all the mechanism convinced there was a fault, but found nothing and after rebuilding no leaks at all but feels far too hard to turn. I did have a leak until i removed some of the bio balls - there were simply too many and stopped the lid closing down properly. I like the design and size, but trying to decide if I should demand a refund as the handle will end up snapping.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering how the filter ended up holding up? I'm looking into possibly buying the Jebao ECF 15000 or BCF 15000.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know my garden treasures handles were hard to turn but a little vaseline solved that problem

Jev

Reaction score
Hi. My filter is running really well. The handle problem was relieved by using silicone spray lubricant. Still a little stiff but okay now. The filter itself goes a loooooong time between cleaning. Then again i only have around 55 inches of fish. Do inspect the uv bulb mounting as the supplier hsd to send a spare because mine was split. Not causing a leak but meant bulb wasnt held as snug as should be.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The bucket on my bcf 15000 burst . Im wondering if i can get a bucket from any vendors. Or should i buy the whole unit.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The bucket on my bcf 15000 burst . Im wondering if i can get a bucket from any vendors. Or should i buy the whole unit.
This is a 4 year old thread. Why not start a new thread.....and introduce yourself. BTW, have you done a web search, and/or checked the company’s site? That’s what I would do.

Ask a Question