Jikin goldfish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have itchy fingers and kept looking for new goldfish to add to my existing flock (like i need more.....). I stumbled across this new breed (for me) of goldfish called Jikin on eBay. The seller said it is from his own farm called Zhaos fancies so I went to his website to look some more.

This seems to be like a new fish farm. their fish are quite pretty :) I'm wondering if this Jikin is ok to live in the pond? quite interesting fish.

Anybody know anything about this fish?

http://zhaosfancies.com/online-goldfish-shop#!/2pack-Red-and-White-Jikin/p/79536465/category=0

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here is some info

http://exoticgoldfish.net/breeds-jikin.html

The Jikin, like the Wakin from which it was derrived, is fairly hardy and requires no special care. It can survive in any environment that the Common Goldfish can survive in.

Jikin are also intended as pond fish just as koi are, but can be kept in aquariums as well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks Rob! in the video i saw they are pretty slow swimmer, i'm not sure how the female will fare in a pond with other type of goldfish if she's ready to spawn...

they are very interesting looking though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I bought two of his about a month ago. They are in the pond now. They are very active and pretty.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat looking fish, I am way to cheap to put that much money into any fish that end up in a pond where I fight herons, snakes etc. That would be one expensive snack.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know exactly what you're talking about, I used to go to the fish stores 3-4 times a week dreaming about how I could get that special fish in with my others. Maybe there's a group for us?
I wish... :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I bought two of his about a month ago. They are in the pond now. They are very active and pretty.
oh! that's great. How are they faring in the cold? Where did you get them? do you have any picture? do you think they are slower or about the same as watonai?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Neat looking fish, I am way to cheap to put that much money into any fish that end up in a pond where I fight herons, snakes etc. That would be one expensive snack.

haha i hear you. But I have 3 fish now from raingarden and they are expensive. Some of my fish dissapeard once in a while but there's no sign of any bird or anything.. one day they just dissapeared...

I saw a heron once, trying to fish in my pond, he didnt get anything then and I have not seen it since then. Thanks goodness i have a leaf net over the pond then :)

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Not really partial to short, stubby goldfish with bumps all over their heads. Took a look at his site. Seems they did an awful lot of work in a short time, and he seems to really know his stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Those of you that are buying these $50-100 goldfish... Do you really feel they are better than what you can find patiently scouting your local pond stores? In my case, I'm talking about "normal" shaped fish (comets, shubunkins). I'm also not interested in fish with extra fins or strangely shaped body parts.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Those of you that are buying these $50-100 goldfish... Do you really feel they are better than what you can find patiently scouting your local pond stores? In my case, I'm talking about "normal" shaped fish (comets, shubunkins). I'm also not interested in fish with extra fins or strangely shaped body parts.

All my fish totaled up my reach $100.00 maybe, even my koi were cheap.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Not really partial to short, stubby goldfish with bumps all over their heads. Took a look at his site. Seems they did an awful lot of work in a short time, and he seems to really know his stuff.
Did you see the Jikin? Normal body shape but with interesting tail like a tutu. I'm not into big heads and stuff too, they are pretty but not my thing :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

At first I didnt want to spend the money. But I fund that they are hard to find at the local store. If I find nice looking shubunkin at the store that I like then I bought them (in fact I bought about 5 of them). I bought online for specific colors and type and since now i want watonai, which is very hard to find and are not sold in store, I have no choice but to buy online. And if the fish is pretty and unusual, i tend to closed my eyes when i hit the 'buy' button :oops: (3 of them from rain garden and a few from Blackwater creek) I'd make an excuse like it's my birthday or Christmas gift to myself lol. I also like to know the sex of the fish because i simply like to raise the babies with different color patterns from the parents, to see how they come out. I dont have a lot of fish so i know all of my fish.

Ask a Question