Joining 2 ponds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I have built 2 ponds out of sleepers, that are either side of a set of steps up to a decking area. I have inserted some 160mm underground brown PVC pipe through the wall of each pond, that will connect them under the stairs. My question is, what liner and how to bond the liner around the PVC pipes? What type of adhesive. Is there some kind of collar I could use? I can provide pics if needed.

Many thanks in advance.

Ian

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1629392528880.gif
@RochdaleCowboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Ian!
Sounds like an interesting project. So you want a pond on each side of stairs leading up to your deck? Will you be able to view the ponds from above or just when climbing up the stairs?
The connecting pipe is just over 6 inches so that will take some planning. Is the idea for water to flow through the pipe so that you use only one filtration system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Ian!
Sounds like an interesting project. So you want a pond on each side of stairs leading up to your deck? Will you be able to view the ponds from above or just when climbing up the stairs?
The connecting pipe is just over 6 inches so that will take some planning. Is the idea for water to flow through the pipe so that you use only one filtration system?
Hi Stephen.
It's been quite a task. Have had to handball around 10+ tons of soil from garden. I have done the majority of the work, just needs tidying up a bit now and a glass ballustrade and chrome handrail adding, plus a little more work with the tiles. Bought some poor tile adhesive and as you can see, some came loose. The pond will be visible from the bottom, from the stairs and the deck. The pipe is in place already, just need to find a way to seal. I do want the water to flow through so the fish have access to both sides. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 20210711_194004.jpg
    20210711_194004.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210711_194007.jpg
    20210711_194007.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210727_141044.jpg
    20210727_141044.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Stephen.
It's been quite a task. Have had to handball around 10+ tons of soil from garden. I have done the majority of the work, just needs tidying up a bit now and a glass ballustrade and chrome handrail adding, plus a little more work with the tiles. Bought some poor tile adhesive and as you can see, some came loose. The pond will be visible from the bottom, from the stairs and the deck. The pipe is in place already, just need to find a way to seal. I do want the water to flow through so the fish have access to both sides. Here's a couple of pics.
I believe @addy1 has used marine pl goop to good effect.

Ask a Question