Joining liners in an existing pond.

Reaction score
I recently decided to more than double the size of my home pond and quickly discovered that tha application of seam tape is a job for pre construction. Stumped, and not wanting to have to buy a larger liner I came up with the idea of a seaming the pieces together by;

1 folding one piece back and laying the other piece over it with an extra 10" of slack.
2 applying a generous amount of neoprene sealant between the two pieces.
3 Doubling the glued joint over and sandwiching it between two pieces of custom formed PVC trim and bolting the assembly together with stainless steel hardware.

I made the PVC clamp out of 10' sections of 3/4 by 1.5" PVC trim pieces that can be found in the millwork section of any home improvement store. I used a Heat gun, work bench, and C clamps to bend the first piece so that it nearly conforms to the cross section of the pond where the seam is and then I formed the second piece to sit snugly on the first. The next step was to space the two pieces apart to allow for the liner and then I pre-drilled the bolt holes. Assembly was a bit trying as I'm sure you all know how hard it is to puncture four layers of liner when you actually intend to.

I'll send pictures soon as I did it in two locations, one where the new liner joined the old and one where I cut to wrap around an existing tree and form an island.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow can't wait to see pics of how your going to include the tree .I saw one who did it on you tube and they used gunnite to form the pond

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Trying to picture it in my head but having a hard time can't wait to see the pics. In my next pond it will be bigger and will have an island with a tree in the middle looking forward to seeing pics.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
an island would be neat, with a blanket, bottle of wine, crackers and cheese...........Watch the fish swim by

Reaction score
Here we go. I'm terrible about taking progress photos. I'll upload some pics of the island when I get arount to trimming the liner.

Attachments

• Photo0228.jpg
    Photo0228.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 349

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks that makes it understandable.........

Ask a Question