Joining Two Ponds Together Advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, newbie to this awesome forum, but not new to the ponds.

I took a small hard plastic pond, and seemed it to a pond liner, to make things larger. There are many seam tapes, and adhesives to choose from. Mine was fine for roughly 6 months. The small hard plastic section actually split open on the bottom due to the ground below it washing out. The seam never leaked, but it was only there for 6 months. Not sure how long it could have lasted.

I'm about to add a second liner next to my current 1000 gallon pond, and seam it with a small channel to connect them. My theory is, if the channel where the seam is, is only just deep enough for my fish to swim through, I will be able to deal with potential leaks at my seam. I'm using two identical liners made of PVC, and my seam tape is Gorilla brand patch and seal tape. This is the same stuff I used to connect my liner to that old plastic thing that broke.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hello Kurkkoinut- This thread is 7 years old, haven't seen any posts from the OP lately. Go to the introductions section and tell us everything about your setup.

Ask a Question