j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They all look very nice to me. Do they hand out prizes or awards in koi shows? If so hope you win!

Reaction score
Real nice show fish!! I love how the Ochiba looks like it has the netting over top of its body. It is camouflaged with the netting under it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow they are beautiful I love matsuba I have one like that with a yellow marking on the head
This is a koi that we bought at last yers show Calvin weve spent the rest of the time bringing him on :)
:happy: Beautiful Dave! Do you know the gender of them? And your gin rin Showa is absolutely Gorgeous! How long is she/he?
No we dont bother with the gender Fishylove ot at shows but may well check them when we get home for you :)
Real nice show fish!! I love how the Ochiba looks like it has the netting over top of its body. It is camouflaged with the netting under it.
Lisa Ochibas are one of our favorite types of koi the translation of Ochiba shiguri from Japanese to English comes out as "Rain on Autumn Leaves".
They all look very nice to me. Do they hand out prizes or awards in koi shows? If so hope you win!
There are top prixes that are awarded on the day i;e best in show, best doitsu, best in size then 2nd and 3 rd best
in sizes 1 2 and 3 plus others , the last time we won one of these was 2011 but weve achieved main awards on 8 seperate occaisions before now and are due another .
The rest are awarded 1st's and seconds and these awards are handed out in September at our usual club meeting but to get a main award is no mean feat its soley down to the judge on the day

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I really like that Gin Rin Showa ! Dave
He's still got some developing of sumi to go yet but we have high hopes of him in the future DrCase and thank you for your comment it means we are moving inthe right direction with him/her

Dave

Ask a Question