Just a few shots

Reaction score
Of the pond doing pretty good still having a bit of string algae but other than that the plants and fish are thriving. I will get some pic's of the fish in the evening when they like to swim up the inlet for the big pond.:)

DSC06775.jpg

DSC06774.jpg

DSC06773.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice Pond Boy and what it that pretty flower in the first picture?

Reaction score
Thanks J.W... It's a swamp hibiscus bloom's like mad...

Heres a shot of the lotus no bloom's yet but it's close...

DSC06781.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh so that Hibiscus can be grown right in the water and it comes back every year eh? You've go lots of nice plants. Bet ya can't wait for the lotus to bloom :)

Reaction score
Yes it can it is suposta come back I hope so it is a stunning plant. Thanks again for the kind words..

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have some Hibiscus plants but they are more like big bushes or trees. I like how they bloom later than all the rest of the blooming plants to make for a colorful later effect. I do have one that I bought last year that is supposed to get big dinner plate sized blooms called Luna Pink Swirl Hibiscus and it gets about 3' tall and 2' wide. It had a couple blooms when I bought it on sale but now I'm waiting to see what it does this year. I see sprouts coming up from the ground as it dies back in the winter. Glad it made it and I did mulch and cover it with a piece of plastic on bricks cuz they said it didn't like getting too wet over winter. Guess I did the right thing eh?
Here's a photo off the net of what it will look like when it blooms:

Attachments

• pink swirl.jpg
    pink swirl.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 248
Reaction score
Do you trim it all during the year? Might need to recheck but I swore hibis and rhodidendra won't bloom if you trim it during the growing season.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't trim mine down (the bush or the tree kind) at all but the Pink Swirl one dies down in the winter and I don't trim that one ever either although I may take some soft cuttings off of it as I hear it is easy to propagate them. I'll try in a water glass first to see if it will put out roots. Would be nice to get some free ones that way :confused:

Reaction score
That is how the pond place i got it from dose J.W they have all kinds of cuttings floting in water with a strong current. Thanks Stropy...

Ask a Question