Just bought a house with a pond in NJ

Reaction score
Country
Mix the proper amount of de-chlorinator in a 5gallon bucket with water and disperse it all around. Then add the hose !!!

Thanks! I am going to try and clean some on the leaves and such out of the water this weekend and add some more water too any De chlorinator will do for ponds i guess will do?
As it says in my heading I am in New Jersey so the weather is starting to warm up and I am noticing the fish getting more active and swimming around. I have been trying to do some research and the advise here has been great I have also been watching some u tubes. What about a UV light when I set up my filter? I didn't see one with the stuff the last owner left do I need to buy one. And it looks like the pump doesn't have the straight line to make a fountain so I am going to have to buy another I suppose? Looks like a great hobby and I am excited to be starting this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
Is your pump designed for a fountain, or was it used to pump water to the filter?

Reaction score
Country
The picture of the pump showed a fountain but no tubing for that fountain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
Well, maybe it could be used to pump water to your filter, if it's the right GPH for it. That would be very good news :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Good luck with your pond. I figured I would throw in some unsolicited advise so here goes:
Typically when the pond water looks good to you then it can be unhealthy for your fish.
When a pond is dirty and full of algae actually the water quality can be excellent.
All the chemicals they sell in stores are totally useless if you know how to maintain a pond and know what you are doing.
So keep these rules in mind and good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
Thanks! I am going to try and clean some on the leaves and such out of the water this weekend and add some more water too any De chlorinator will do for ponds i guess will do?
As it says in my heading I am in New Jersey so the weather is starting to warm up and I am noticing the fish getting more active and swimming around. I have been trying to do some research and the advise here has been great I have also been watching some u tubes. What about a UV light when I set up my filter? I didn't see one with the stuff the last owner left do I need to buy one. And it looks like the pump doesn't have the straight line to make a fountain so I am going to have to buy another I suppose? Looks like a great hobby and I am excited to be starting this.
I've used StressCoat for many years but there are many less expensive ones. Also, whatever your pond size, for ex: 2000 gal, used the amount called for in 2000 gal on the instructions, not just the amount of water being changed ...

Ask a Question