Just bought a pond yesterday...

Reaction score
Hey all, greetings from Florida. The weather is still a little cool here, but it's warming up and it won't be too long before I can sit outside at night under the grapefruit tree and watch the fishes in my pond.

First I've gotta get my pond up and running! I've wanted one FOREVER, and so yesterday I went out and got a 125 gallon shell. I've got some reading to do, and I did jump the gun a little. But buying the shell is going to help me get a move on with the project.

Anyway, my name is Nora, and I'm 22, my fiace and I are fixing up a house that his mother owns while we live in it with his son and a roommate. It's pretty quiet around here most of the time and I have no place to go read, so I thought a pond would be wonderful. We've already got 2 8x4 veggie gardens and harvested our first radishes yesterday.

I'm excited to join and learn more, as I need to, and I hope to visit with you all around the forum!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well.. good morning M.G.T, you will be addicted to your pond in no time,it is never big enough or deep enough or the plants are nice but too few. mark my words, and everyone elses..... it will never be finished!!!! but you'll love the work, so sit back, relax and learn, from the good folks here on this forum.

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm very much excited. I can't wait to post pics of what my "garden" looks like before and after. It'll be a project. We've gotta keep the dog out, and trim some stuff, and then landscape around it.

Thanks for the reply!

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! So true I started with one 150 gal. pond kit and I now have 3 ponds. 2 are 1400 gals. and my first one is still going strong. Good luck and we want to see how it comes along.

Ask a Question