just cant get motivated...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its been nice for a while now and i still havent done anything towards opening the outdoor pond ...wutz my deal? am i just lazy? probably!
jw... i still havent potted the lilly rhyzones i got from you.. had a broken quartz sleeve for my U.V ...tetrapond sent me a new one...wrong one tho! waiting for a new one now. my water is like green mud! i plan on pulling the media from the basement pond filter and getting the outdoor filter going this weekend. and the fish relocated outside as well...i just cant seem to muster up the gumption to get started. i mean the fish are good to go in the basement...theres no need to rush, but this should have been done weeks ago with the weather this year. well heres the way my water looks today....nasty green! Ive never had water this bad before...i quess i shouldnt have strayed from my normal routine. oh well,it shouldnt take long to clear up once my filtration is up and running. looks like a case of "new pond syndrome"

Attachments

• SANY1759.JPG
    SANY1759.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 303
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That is some green water. Will will cheer you on if you need some motivation :)

BTW, I struggled all last year keeping my water clear and it never got that clear (no filtration and all plants were potted). This year with the skippies and the 50+ bareroot plants I added have seemed to kick in. It couldn't be clearer. I am very happy. Just goes to show what some skippies and a plants will do :) I am sure once you get your media out there you will be clear in no time. Good luck :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a pretty green! love the shade................ we will cheer you on! get it going koiguy! Your fish will love you, sky above their fishie eyes

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
"true dat D.C i be slackin' big time!" i'll get busy this weekend. we went from room temps to toaster oven around ...i think i just need to adjust to the weather, then i'll be O.K!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Holy Moly koiguy those lilies must be climbing the walls to get out and get planted and the fish are prolly all losing hope that they will ever get out there! That green water reminds me of Christmas......all it needs is a big red bow on it and if you don't hurry up it really will be Christmas soon! Give yourself a big kick in the butt and get moving!!! Hup 2,3,4....................move it,move it Pyle!!!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Come on Koiguy. You were a great source of information for me, now pull your boots on and get that pond clean and your fishies outside to enjoy the sun!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You two are the same person.............one is the good and one is the evil personality....................when they both come together.............you get Waterbug
emoticonlol.gif

SE18

David V
Reaction score
with all the heat and humidity coming in Virginia, it makes me feel real lazy too. Got to constantly check for ticks as well, feeling tired is one of the symptoms of lyme; been bit hundreds of times, surprised I don't already have it

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I walk with the puppies every day down by river, always got ticks crawling up my legs. I had west nile four years ago, then I got bit by some spider walking the puppies a year after that and ended up with streptococcal blood poisoning, was in the hospital for the first time in my life for five days, could'nt get out of there fast enough. My husband Jokes that I've had every tropical thing known to man. Ha ha ha, couldn't kill me off, still playing by pond. Eat lots of coconut oil, you should try it! Hope you get better soon koi guy!
:) :) :)

SE18

David V
Reaction score
colleen,

my beagles get walked every day and they pull me into the brush in search of rabbits; so the dogs are at fault for all of this!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ewwwwwwwwwww I would find somewhere else to walk. I keep the grass mowed short near the woods, where my yorkie runs, if it is below 3 inches ticks tend to not hang out on it.

Ask a Question