Just found a 2" baby koi in the pond!

Reaction score
I know that sounds crazy since it's December but we had a really warm Fall here in CA and I think the fish got confused. We are guessing it is about 3-4 months age and about 2" long. It seems to be a standard koi with the "ghost" markings on the head and metallic on head with orange and black spots on the body/tail. It must have been fertilized in August or September, kinda weird! If pic attached correctly you can see him :luxlove:

Attachments

• Baby Dec 2011.jpg
    Baby Dec 2011.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 382

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Neat little baby, Interesting coloration, Could turn out to be goshiki but looks kind of kujaku right now,( Hard to tell from the pic) It will be a interesting newbie to watch for sure, Those always seem to make extra special additions when they show up. Congrats!

Reaction score
You could be right with Kujaku! Just have to wait and see what he/she will look like. Wondering who the parents are now and yes, I think if he is a lone survivor of a spawning he IS something special, especially a baby hatched out of season!

Ask a Question