just getting started

Reaction score
hi,
i have been working on our pond for about a year so far. the cost has been little, because everything has been done by hand. my pond itself is 4' deep, about 10' wide, and about 16' long. the reason that its took a year is because i dug it with a shovel, and all of the border stones were busted up from a driveway and hand formed with a 2lb hammer and a chizle.
the only cost has been about 2000lbs of stones, a bio filter, pump, and UV light,and liner. everything is just now getting going and we have 6 new koi.
we have "shelf plants" planted, and a few floaters,, but they havent started taking off yet. i cant wait to have a "mature " pond.
hope if yall dont mind if i sit in,, read a little and maby ask a few questions along the way.
thanks
jason

Attachments

• DSCF3449.jpg
    DSCF3449.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 331

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome mr.spooky and no matter how much work we do the outcome is always great and rewarding .Thats some nice reward you got there would love to see a day pic also .Is mr.spooky that cute little devil in the pic .We welcome you both with our soaking wet hands from playing in pond water lol

Reaction score
thanks for all of the welcomes!!!
my next main concern is gettin some plant life goin. this pond is in the sun for most of the day:yikesu:, but i think if i can get a good little eco system goin, i can have a few nice koi with a healthy crystle clear enviroment!!!!!
and yes,, spooky is the little devil!
jason

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well they match halloween jw .My pond is also in full sun and this year I am putting up metal pipes with a shade sail attached .Cheapest way to do it .I am using the shade stuff at walmart .Drilling holes in the pipe and putting in hooks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Mr. Spooky, very nice pond. Welcome to the forum. That sounds like a lot of dirt/clay to hand dig!

Reaction score
CometKeith said:
Hi Mr. Spooky, very nice pond. Welcome to the forum. That sounds like a lot of dirt/clay to hand dig!

hahahah,, well, it might have been if i was still living in Tn.
when i moved here to Ga, i thought that "these guys got it easy". as soon as i sunk a shovle into the soil here in south Ga.,,,, i had no doubts in diggin a medium sized pond with a shovle.
if i was still in Tn,,,, id have to have brought in the heavy equiptment!
spooky

Ask a Question