Just love to garden potter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am female, I love to garden, my family think I am a carer of any animal, person or plant, it's just in my blood. I dream & think of making gadgets, or things that I could improve on that are out there. I just don't have the confidence to go for it. One example why I don't is..... Can you remember years ago, when Smarties came out with the giant smartie.....well & this is true....I had a shop that also sold sweeties, I noticed that the smarties in the cylinder shaped cardboard container were not selling quickly. I woke up one morning with an idea, so I contacted the company by post, sent my ideas on how to promote a new smartie. ...make a giant smartie, sent drawings of my idea, little smartie character to be printed on the product, packaging idea that would be cost affective for them...ideas to add other flavours to the chocolate etc......no answer...so I rang the company to ask if it had been received, yes! However, they have no plans now or in the future to change or extend their product. Ok!! I thought, fair enough. Months later...my little girl.....now 40, ok, don't judge, yes! I may have been a child bride!!!! Said, "mum", your smartie man is on the television, yep!!!!!! My idea to the dot.....however they failed in not promoting all my ideas, the product didn't do well. When I contacted them, I was told, they had that idea in the system!!!! Welcome to my life :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your not alone i had a similar event way back with adding different light bulbs to get the correct spectrum for coral reefs. 6 Months latter they too were selling it. and look at Bill Gates. everyone knows he stole the idea of windows from Steve Jobs The MOST SUCESSFUL THIEF IN MODERN DAY AMERICA.

An other boat i missed out on was building these ponds i had the idea to build a pond 40 years ago when i did my first rubber roof and thinking it would be cool to build a water feature. But never acted on it until i saw Aquascapes in 2017

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a solar pump I believe it was 1600 gph you could easily put a filter on that for a small pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you could do a bog a shower or a small canister filter . unfortunately there's no this will do the job it depends on your water fish location amount of sun , feedings , Some pictures of the pond is a good starting point

Ask a Question