j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This is my first pond over the septic pipes about 10yrs ago. At the time I dug this I thought it wouldn't really matter if those pipes ran right under the pond. I had a big hump in the the pond where the liner laid over the pipes.

Pond 1st summer

pondoversepticpipes57.jpg

Right before winter one year......no more water lilies til next Spring

Pond1.jpg

pond3.jpg

One cold snowy winter

Jan2004pond-birdflying.jpg

Then as a few years went by I got to thinking about what if something were to happen to those pipes under that pond. So I decided to move the pond to the other side of the front porch path. Really just an excuse I used for hubby to get a bigger pond outta the deal,lol! It really works when you use problematic situations to hubby's cuz they always want to prevent catastrophe's from happening. It's just in their genes,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now onto the new and current pond.
So here is where the old pond was on the right and if you look across the path to the left you will see where the new one will be.
Man it was heavy lifting that whole old pond w/ water in it across to the other side, lol!

housesummer20044.jpg

Here is the new pond at about 2500 gals. I'd say the old one was about half as big.

NONAME24.jpg

NONAME40-1.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

A neighbor drops by for lunch.
He ducked right under that fish line so had to bring in the reinforcements. Had to run more wire in between the fencing all around the whole pond.

IMG_1267.jpg

Here is some of the gang

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

Here's the newest group I added this summer.........Shubunkins!

IMG_1942.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bought 6 more babies a few wks ago and 1 died right away but the other are going strong in the bathtub pond. They'll go in the big pond when they fatten up a bit.

IMG_1012.JPG

Put plugs using old film containers w/ screen so tub won't flow over the top.

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Oops almost forgot to add the new Shubunkin fish babies.

IMG_4001.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! Yeah whats next jw? It is time for you to make a change...............lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well guys, not much changing in my ponds future unless you want to see the dead plant I pulled out or the cleaning of the filter, you know all the dirty jobs. I'm not adding a stream or a bog or enlarging anything so you are stuck w/perhaps a shot or two of plants coming up or lilies blooming now and then. I'm happy w/ the way it is today and days to come. I am getting ready to throw my collection of plastic bottle caps into the waterfall basin to act as a bio filter tho. First need to make a screen for the top to keep them from all going for a ride over the falls and into the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I only hope you dont make a pond out of the Loo j.w. I've seen then used as flower pots before now a house just up the road has two filled with flowers :lol;

Dave;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep my friend up the road had a Loo as you call it, we call them turlets among other names and she has hers parked right out near the road w/ flowers in it

Ask a Question