Keep your one-sided Anti-American forum...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Clearly there is some animosity between alot of you members from the UK and Canada towards the United States. If you feel the US is so bad just come out and say it..Don't beat around the bush. This post is a continuation of the thread Sport Hunting that has been closed for comments because some people are afraid of conversation about something that isn't agreed upon...Its easy to forget your freedoms while sitting behind a keyboard safely in your homes. Like it or not the United States is the best country in the world. It donates the most money to other countries and is the first to fight for the freedoms and liberation of countries in tyranny all over the world. It is a world wide dream to come and become a United States citizen because of it's freedom and opportunity. You see people literally dying to get to the US on a daily basis. I don't see people knocking down the walls to get to the UK and Canada...You are safe in the UK and Canada because the United States would be at your defense in the event there was a confrontation in a heartbeat. Somebody mentioned "Might isn't always right". In the case of the United States it is right. We are the world's police force. We have been fighting for years to defeat communism, genocide and tyranny and now currently terrorism. We lose thousands upon thousands of Americans fighting for what's right around the world even it's not on our soil because it's the right thing to do. Does talking ill about the US strike a nerve with me? Youre damn right it does. When you have been shot at in anger while fighting terrorism so good people don't have to live in fear and could live in freedom then you can talk crap. Until then sit behind your keyboard and talk all the nonsense you want about the US. I choose not to be apart of this forum anymore. Becky obviously is one-sided because she is from the UK although she will never admit it she is one-side. I get the warning in the "Sport Hunting" thread but nobody else does. Reason being is because I speak direct and the others spoke as passive aggressive cowards. You can keep your one-sided pond forum and your one-sided garden forum. The garden forum is extremely weak anyway. God forbid you mention synthetic chemicals over there...and God forbid you mention a product that you like. The Administrators ban you without question thinking you are a shill for the company. Becky keep both your one-sided forums. I wish to not be apart of either one of them anymore. There are alot of great members on here with a wealth of knowledge but then there are a few animosity filled US hating Candadians and Brits. I won't stand to hear the nonsense from the few cowardly keyboard commandos. Take care

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Wow.
This the problem with having too much power. You think that because you have the power that you are the one in the right.
Even Abraham Lincoln stated that "right makes might", not the other way around.
Your attitude is no better than the terrrorists. "I have a gun at your head so you had better agree with me"
Very disappointed with you Jersey_Marine.
There are other people in the world with legimate opinions other than Americans with guns. (No offense intended towards Americans in general)

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Isn't sitting behind your keyboard kind of the point of a forum? People will have different opinions, especially when the discussion turns to the insanely high gun violence here in the US. Rightfully so, it's scary out there.

Goodbye @Jersey_Marine. After this post, I can't say I'm sorry to see you leave. How does someone have something as peaceful as a pond but be such opposite of that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am glad he's gone. That was some crazy postings.
icon_facepalm2.gif

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This is what happens when ideology, politics or religion is allowed to become the topic of conversation. This forum is not the 'bully pulpit' for any of those topics. Any hint of these topics in a comment on my LinkedIn forum and the comment is immediately deleted and the poster is warned. If it happens again, the offending poster is required to have all future post/comments pre-approved. If it still continues, the offending poster is removed from the forum.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As I said, call me "oblivious" [and you, too, @Big Lou]. I guess I either missed those threads & posts, was too naive to recognize what was going on, or I simply had a differenc "take" [perception] of comments or views. And I don't really want to know......

But gee, some people do take themselves too seriously -- on this and other forums. The only input I can offer here, is that sometimes, yes, there were posts and/or comments that seemed misplaced, out of context, inappropriate for the situation [IOW, blown out of proportion], or "troll" posts [my Hubby explained that to me....] Yet, at times there were perfectly reasonable posts, with good input, good insight.

But in the end, we all have to make our choices based on how we, as individuals perceive things, so...... He made his choice!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think every country has guns don't they and some type of I can't get along with them or there way of life .I just say whatever .I have noticed heated discussions in some of the post ,but that is the usual of what works and what doesn't and what is right and what is wrong .I leave that up to the experts as I am just happy with my simply and little bit crazy set up that works for me .I am sometimes happy being a ponder and sometimes unhappy but I truck along slowly but surely with a smile :)Maybe it is just his military back ground

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I just want to say this is probably the friendliest forum I've ever been on. Must be our hobby?
I recently logged off of some 'other' forums, no replies, no likes, basically talking to myself. What's the point? And others are downright rude! Thanks to all. And another thing, I know I've been all over this board lately, I apologize. Truth is I've been recovering from minor surgery and have been off work for 8 weeks now(y). I get a bit bored at times, no worries, I go back to work on the 1st of Oct. and will probably slow down on my activity. It gets hard to keep up with all the alerts!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have alerts turned off so i don't get all the alerts in my mailbox ,I just come on and see the new posts .I never looked back when I retired ,I have plenty to keep me busy as a matter fact my mind spins sometimes trying to get them done .I do enjoy gardening and my woodworking

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is what happens when ideology, politics or religion is allowed to become the topic of conversation. This forum is not the 'bully pulpit' for any of those topics.
Guess I missed all the postings, been making bee winter food all day.
IMG_2316.JPG
IMG_2317.JPG

I can bring it up with the other mods if you all would want us to delete any out there posts as soon as they happen, it can be done. But Becky and Ian don't want to run the forum as a dictatorship. Where the mods would routinely delete what we thought should be deleted. Like Becky has stated discussions can happen, about anything, just keep them calm.
We try to catch posts / threads that get out of control, but sometimes miss them. Like today I have not even looked at the forum since early am.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The guy down the road from me had one of his hives swarm today .I heard them all come over my house and they just kept going .It was amazing to see ,but bad for him and could be bad for the bees with the chilly nights we are supposed to get this week .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love this forum for all the kind hearted pond owners who are here to help and share information. Different opinions are welcome as we all have such different ponds and climates and life styles.

As in any mixed company, some subjects are best avoided. Sharing a love of ponds doesn't mean we will share the same opinions about politics or religion of any of the other hot topics. There are plenty of opportunities to discuss those issues. I like keeping this little space focused on ponds.

Ask a Question