keeping plants indoor for winter

Reaction score
if i keep my say water hyacinths and parrots feather indoors for winter will i need a filter on my plant/holding tank ?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
skubasteve6665 said:
if i keep my say water hyacinths and parrots feather indoors for winter will i need a filter on my plant/holding tank ?

There will be debries from the plants that will settle in the bottom. If you don't filter it, the waste will start to rot.

Reaction score
this is what i did...i took one of my 20 gallon long tanks and put all of my water lettuce, hyacinths, elodea, and frogbit in there with a heater and all of my mosquito fish (they kept getting sucked over the overflow)
the water was 3/4 full with a heater and a small powerhead...
this whole setup was set next to a window facing south...seeing as im in the northern hemisphere
the plants made it through the winter with no die off...there is alot of debris and they are still doing well even though i neglected the tank and there is now 2 inches of water left
i also found out that i have a bunch of ramshorn snails that are breeding in there as well

Ask a Question