Kenzie in the stream

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What happens to the pictures here. It seems to preview fine but the actual post destroys the actual picture. I have not been here in a bit but I uploaded from Flickr like I always do. Seems strange. It changed the color and size.

Here is the original but the color is still way off. Only site this happens on that I post on.

52447429002_d55d5aace9_k.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@RobAmy , There was some kind of change in the past year and I now have trouble posting pics too. It always says my files are too large etc.

Your Kenzie is a beauty, lovely photograph. I miss reading your posts.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What happens to the pictures here. It seems to preview fine but the actual post destroys the actual picture. I have not been here in a bit but I uploaded from Flickr like I always do. Seems strange. It changed the color and size.

Here is the original but the color is still way off. Only site this happens on that I post on.

View attachment 154770
Better throw @Ian 's name in here and perhaps he cab help?
All your photo's are so nice and it is a shame we can't see them how you want them portrayed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Boy yes I see the quality is much sharper and colors bright! She sure is a pretty dog!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What a beautiful dog RobAmy! Do I see some Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Dog in there? Brittany Spaniel?
Colors are gorgeous!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a beautiful dog RobAmy! Do I see some Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Dog in there? Brittany Spaniel?
Colors are gorgeous!
She actually is a pure breed. She is a Nederlandse Kooikerhondje. They are not all that common in the US yet I believe only about 500 or so. Love I found out about the breed, she is awesome.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
She actually is a pure breed. She is a Nederlandse Kooikerhondje. They are not all that common in the US yet I believe only about 500 or so. Love I found out about the breed, she is awesome.
How great to have a rare breed RobAmy...She is so beautiful and I imagine very intelligent considering the low numbers...I was the first to use a Beauceron for collapse structure work for FEMA and she was a fantastic working dog...Any idea what breeds are in her background? I imagine spaniel of some sort? Is there any herding dog in her background? Would you share why you were interested in this breed?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
How great to have a rare breed RobAmy...She is so beautiful and I imagine very intelligent considering the low numbers...I was the first to use a Beauceron for collapse structure work for FEMA and she was a fantastic working dog...Any idea what breeds are in her background? I imagine spaniel of some sort? Is there any herding dog in her background? Would you share why you were interested in this breed?
I am not sure of the breeds she may have came from. I would guess some Nova Scotia Duck Tolling and Spaniel maybe. They where used for Duck Tolling also and to remove vermin on the farms. My reasoning for the breed was I always had Springer Spaniels and love them. My Springer Abbey recently passed so I wanted another. That said we have a mix of Springer and not sure what else, Rylee is 11 now. She is only about 27lbs vs my Spring which was around 50lbs. My wife said why not look at breeds in Rylees size as we love her size for Kayaking and just in general lifting when they get older. Abbey went blind so I carried her around for almost 2 years. She was a bit heavy. So I am 52 now so I will be in my sixties when the new puppy gets older so not the worst idea to get a smaller breed. I was hesitant because this could be out last puppy and I really like Springers, but I did look and came across the Kooikerhondje while looking for different spaniel type dogs.

The Kookier seemed to fit all the requirements that we wanted. They love the water, perfect for Kayaking and swimming. They only get about 25lbs females and up to 30lbs for males. Perfect size. They are highly intelligent and do great at training. Kenzie already has her novice, intermediate trick titles and is in the process of her Canine Good Citizen training. She is not even 9 months old yet. They have a do anything attitude and boy does she, she is up for anything.

She has been the easiest dog to train that we have had even over the Springers. I am very pleased with this breed and very happy she is here.

The Nederlandse Kooikerhondje is lively, agile, self-confident, good-natured and alert. The breed is faithful, easy-going and friendly in the home. Outdoors they are a true sporting dog being keen, swift, tough, attentive and energetic, this really describes her so well.

Evening paddle by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Kenzie with the RF 400mm f2.8 by A & R Photography, on Flickr

They are the cutest puppies

This was the first day I picked her up, first time flying with a puppy and she was great.

The day it all started by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Looking cute by A & R Photography, on Flickr

and she is always ready for adventure

Kenzie ready for her kayak adventure by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Kenzie jumping into the pond by A & R Photography, on Flickr

and she likes photography too :)

Kenzie working the R3 & the RF 400mm by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Here is an album of her

Ask a Question