Kill the bullfrog!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It amazes me how people look at certain plants and wild life as invasive species, that they need to be eradicated , yet we look at our selves and we don't see that man is the most invasive species to have ever walked this earth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I think the humans that are concerned about invasive species are often the same ones concerned about the ever increasing human population and the negative affects they have on the planet.

It amazes me how people look at certain plants and wild life as invasive species, that they need to be eradicated , yet we look at our selves and we don't see that man is the most invasive species to have ever walked this earth.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
we don't see that man is the most invasive species to have ever walked this earth.

That's a stretch. Humans are indigenous all over the planet (unless you want to go back more than say 15,000 years). We do, however, have a hand in the introduction of almost every other invasive species, either intentionally or unintentionally, so that's a problem we can address.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I could not have said it better myself. So glad to see someone else thinks the same way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Talk about humans...what's the deal with us? It seems we don't fit into our environment. Why do we need clothes to keep warm? I've always wondered why we aren't naturally covered in fur or hair? Maybe we ARE an invasive species. Maybe we're not from this planet!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Talk about humans...what's the deal with us? It seems we don't fit into our environment. Why do we need clothes to keep warm? I've always wondered why we aren't naturally covered in fur or hair? Maybe we ARE an invasive species. Maybe we're not from this planet!
Now that's interesting poconojoe....But if we humans originated in Africa it would make sense that we would be almost hairless and therefore would not have needed clothes to stay warm...
We are an invasive species indeed!

Ask a Question