Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6761.JPG
IMG_6762.JPG
IMG_6763.JPG
Sarah and I have bought one of these every year for the last 10 years ( they don't survive zone 7 winters), we usually put them in a large pot by the pool. It's in a small pot with dirt but it's has its feet in the water. I have never had one this big, over 10' tall and still growing. Apparently it likes Koi water, thought it was root bound, but it has roots running everywhere. Next year will do the same but with a bigger pot. Learning alot this first year Ponding.... Lol Jimmy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love those King Tuts! I have put them in pots every year and then the next spring cursed myself because of the giant root ball I had to get out of the pot! We have grown the dwarf varieties in the pond - I'd be afraid to try the Kings!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love those King Tuts! I have put them in pots every year and then the next spring cursed myself because of the giant root ball I had to get out of the pot! We have grown the dwarf varieties in the pond - I'd be afraid to try the Kings!
I will probably curse myself this fall when I have to pull it out. I put in a small rectangular plastic pot that has the holes in each corner, it has roots going everywhere. It has even sent roots over the top of the pot, which is out of the water.... Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
FYI; I've kept dwarf papyrus alive the past three winters indoors, under lights. They struggle a bit but they survive. Just like my taro.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
FYI; I've kept dwarf papyrus alive the past three winters indoors, under lights. They struggle a bit but they survive. Just like my taro.
You can't see from the pictures but I have dwarf papyrus also, they will survive our winter, so I am going to put them in the ground this fall and in the spring put them back into the pond

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
A most impressive plant. Ideally suited for large ponds. It is too bad that it is only winter hardy in Zone 10 and higher. I grew it one year in the wetlands filter. It got humongous but did not overwinter and I am in Zone 9a.

Ask a Question