Kink-free to barbed fittings

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed.
For years I've fought kink-free tubing and barbed fittings. Why is it that the barbed fittings are always too small or too big? Does anyone sell barbed fittings and kinkfree tubing that goes together without all the drama?
EDIT: The young man at the local garden shop showed me some wire hose clamps that fit between the ribs on kinkfree instead of just laying over the top of the ribs like a regular banded hose clamp. He didn't have the right size. What's a good source for these wire hose clamps?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have seen hose clamps that have two wire type rings. If this is what you are describing, just go to Amazon and search "wire hose clamps". There's a ton of them, I just looked.
If you don't want to buy online, maybe your local hardware store has them. Ace, True Value or Home Depot and Lowe's.

Reaction score
Thanks, poconojoe -
I'll check locally. I buy stuff online all the time, but gotta get enough for free shipping. Yesterday I visited a pond supply website and put 6 wire hose clamps in the cart. As expected, shipping cost more than the wire clamps. Forget that. Maybe I'll buy a couple rolls of tubing, some fittings, and clamps. That oughta do it.

Reaction score
It's a conspiracy. The tubing is either so tight that you gotta heat it, or so loose you're wrapping electrical tape/etc. to try and make up the fit.

Ask a Question