koi and janitor

Reaction score
Is it ok if I put janitor fish and koi all together? I have this experience when my 5 goldfish slowly dying one by one. Until such time I caught my janitor fish sucking my last goldfish left. I was shocked of what I have witnessed. I quickly agitated the water using my hand. Luckily the janitor freed my goldfish. Doubtful of what happened that’s why I raised this question.

Reaction score
was the goldfish dead? The reason i ask is because they are scavengers. I don,t know if it ok though

Reaction score
Plecos (janitor fish) are know to get aggressive to other fish. Personally, I'd rather scape some algae than put up the plecos which also have to be brought inside if the water temp drops to 50 degrees. I would not put it in with koi. You can see if your LFS will give you credit for it and get supplies or more goldies. Good luck and let us know what you decide, Gail

Ask a Question