KOI BABIES!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Holy Cow! I have 3 Koi babies!!! :) About 1.5" long :)

I have had the pond now since June 2011. Mosquito fish and comets added in 2011. Koi added in 2012. I have had plenty or mosquito fish and comet babies but never a koi baby. I always figured with all the fish they'ed never make it.

Last night hubby and I were sitting out by the pond when I saw a small baby fish that has a blueish grey body and white head. It immediately stuck out as very different from the normal comet babies I see. Then I noticed two more all the same size and all three swimming together. One is yellow and one is white. They are definitely koi. No doubt about it. By their size they must be at least a few months old.

I am about ready to do my annual catch comets and donate to the local pond store. Now I especially need to, to make room for my new unexpected koi :)

I'll see if I can get pictures tonight but with the large size of the pond and small size of the babies it may be difficult.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
here are some pictures I got of two of them. The one that looks grey/blue with a white head I didn't see.

These were taken from the edge of the pond probably 10' away from the fish and the fish were down about 3' in water so they aren't great. I am excited to watch them grow and see what they end up looking like.
DSCN6085.JPG DSCN6087.JPG DSCN6089.JPG DSCN6090.JPG DSCN6095.JPG DSCN6096.JPG DSCN6097.JPG DSCN6098.JPG DSCN6099.JPG DSCN6100.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Cool! wow, bright yellow. love the color!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Cool! wow, bright yellow. love the color!
Yep, one looks bright yellow kind of like the large yellow koi in a few of the pictures. the other looks whiteish yellow. I wish I could find the the third to take pics of as he seems really cool looking. They like to hang out directly under the waterfall so it is hard to take pictures with the moving water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I got some more pictures of the two I already posted and some pictures of the third little guy.

Also took some videos, Ill post. No doubt they are Koi :) sweet little babies :)DSCN6173.JPG DSCN6180.JPG DSCN6184.JPG DSCN6185.JPG DSCN6191.JPG DSCN6192.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
oi so cute! the way he moved reminded me of little Nemo :)

Ask a Question