Koi bumping mouths immediately when fed

Reaction score
Country
United States
Two of my koi immediately "kiss" when I feed them. Is this bullying? They are both females and they only do it when fed. It is always the same 2. I can't tell who initiates it...there are 6 fish total in the pond so it is not due to overcrowding or lack of food. Eventually they swim away and eat individually but it always starts with this ritual. They are not the same type. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It have never seen the kissing thing, but alot of the time when the Big Guys (Donald and Hillary) come up to get something to eat, there is always a couple of smaller ones will try to get what they are going after, like they are thinking Hey these guys got big, I want some of that

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My shubinkin did a few EPAs, Extrapondlicular Activities and her oxygen levels got critically low before making it back in. Now when I feed them she just makes a bunch of bubbles and then chases the bubbles trying to eat them. The other 2 know I try to throw food close to her mouth and swoop in to gobble it up.

Ask a Question