Koi Clay.....yes? Or no?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I know it's spring time and I'm going to have yucky water, but I've read that koi clay will clear up my murky water quickly. Is this true? Do you all use it? Why or why not?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use koi clay all the time and get the better stuff off of ebay for humane consumption

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Some say 100% clay kitty litter w/no additives will work also. Never tried it to clear my pond but use it for planting the plants into.

Algae Eater

frog.jpg

Remove excess pond algae safely with natural clay kitty litter
Remove pond scum with kitty litter. By adding just one pound of unscented cat litter for every 2000 gallons of circulating water you can keep algae at bay. How cool is that? This not only keeps the water a lot clearer, but it keeps fish happier and healthier too. Make sure that you're using basic bentonite litter and make note of the fact that the water might look cloudy or muddy for a day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I use koi clay from time to time. It's supposed to improve fish health and coloring. And it acts as a flocculant to capture floating debris and sink it to the bottom of the pond. I always feel like my water is more sparkly when I've used koi clay.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have used it, as well, but can take it or leave it. It’s also supposed to add micro nutrients to the water which is a good thing.

Ask a Question