Koi discoloration

Reaction score
Country
United States
one of my koi is usually a very bright silver but I had a bad algae bloom and have some tannins in the water. I’ve noticed this one koi has a yellowing brownish tiny to her that she has never had before. Is that ok? Normal color changing? All of the other fish are vibrant and look great. It’s only this one koi. Should I be concerned? The water has since started clearing up as my blanket algae is getting stronger but the water is still a little dark. My other silver koi with the same type of color is still bright and shiny

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's hard to say without actually seeing the changes you are describing, but fish do change colors - sometimes for the better, sometimes not. There are things that can stimulate color change - like poor water conditions - but that seems unlikely if it's only this one fish. The things you want to be concerned about are areas that are suddenly bright red, as that can indicate infection.

If you can post a picture, that might be helpful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This may or may not help but they also have what"s called color up food. Strangely enough It works and it doesn't take to long to see the results

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ll try to get a pic of her later but it’s kinda difficult and I ran out of food yesterday so won’t be able to do that for a pic hahaha but I’ll try!

Ask a Question