Koi filter help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi iv resently purchased a bead filter large.. Do I still need a normal filter with foams ect in or will this work as all in one thank you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It can work as long as it is big enough. To me, it is a normal filter.

It would work even better if you added a shower filter as well. Just my opinion.

This site doesn't have many of us bead filter users, so you might want to go to Koiphen.com for more information.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are welcome. Those folks are seriously into koi and many of the ponds have some top of the line equipment and top of the line fish as well.

Good place to learn and gather information and apply what you want to your own pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bead filter doesn't need a prefilter Unless you have a good deal of algae being pushed into the filter that can get things locked up a bit. They see basket strainers that you would see on a external pump. That is a great choice for what's needed.
And I whole heartidly agree with @WaterGardener add a Bakki shower onto that and it's one of the top three filters for fish keeping in my eyes.
I just recently added one to my bog and I am loving what I see in the pond this year. Even the algae on the waterfalls is really struggling.
Bakki shower to a bog filter. Nualgi, and aquascapes Powder beneficial bacteria is more than doing the job for me .
16838114873941283228611629402705.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7-A
The bead filter doesn't need a prefilter Unless you have a good deal of algae being pushed into the filter that can get things locked up a bit. They see basket strainers that you would see on a external pump. That is a great choice for what's needed.
And I whole heartidly agree with @WaterGardener add a Bakki shower onto that and it's one of the top three filters for fish keeping in my eyes.
I just recently added one to my bog and I am loving what I see in the pond this year. Even the algae on the waterfalls is really struggling.
Bakki shower to a bog filter. Nualgi, and aquascapes Powder beneficial bacteria is more than doing the job for me .View attachment 157347

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7-A
I have a 3000 gal pond and use an Aquadyne bead filter . It is without a doubt the easiest and best filter I have ever used. It keeps my water crystal clear and takes about 5-10 minutes every 2 weeks to backwash. My pump has a large basket strainer on it that catches the debris and the rest goes into the filter. Your hands never touch the water. Webbs Water Garden sells them . The company is based out of Georgia and the owner is Greg ( 404-281-9633 ) Leave a message and he will call you back . Good Luck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi iv resently purchased a bead filter large.. Do I still need a normal filter with foams ect in or will this work as all in one thank you
Yep just depends on fishload. You need enough bio filter to cover the fish you have.

Ask a Question