Koi & Goldfish - elderly mother is moving and doesnt have a pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is winter and new owners will not allow her to retrieve fish when it is warmer. My mother is obsessed with her fish and devastated to leave them with these people. Does anyone love theirs and have room to add a new family? She lives in north Jersey. Would love to give her the relief knowing someone else will be talking to them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefrogcar.gif
@Sspet
Maybe there are koi clubs near you. You could do a search online to find out.
Maybe these places if you call them will know what you can do w/the fish. They might know people that are just starting out and will want them. It's so cold now tho I don't now if you can transfer the fish right now to a new pond.
https://koipondhq.com/new-jersey-koi-pond-services/

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you. That is her issue, she doesn’t want to disturb her babies but does not trust new buyers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thank you. I do have quite a few large fish tanks.ie 55's, 75gals that are redi for a quarantining with good filter set ups. I also Have Praziquantel and a diatom filter waiting for such an occasion. depending on exactly where they are will determine my transport options. my truck has a 120v power outlet factory installed, so running an air pump is no big deal.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am also in North Jersey, Lower portion of Sussex Co. I would like to see if I can help you and Mom out and do what I can. I do have the room for more fish. Please P.M. and we can work out the details.
That is really nice of you @Beercan31 to take them in. I also think @Sspet is very kind to the fish and your mom. Many people would just walk away and leave the fish in the care of someone who doesn't want them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is winter and new owners will not allow her to retrieve fish when it is warmer. My mother is obsessed with her fish and devastated to leave them with these people. Does anyone love theirs and have room to add a new family? She lives in north Jersey. Would love to give her the relief knowing someone else will be talking to them.
Definitely interested (Wilton, CT). Have space and will take good care of them.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Attachments

• pond_1.jpg
    pond_1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 14
  • Pond_2.jpg
    Pond_2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Pond_3.jpg
    Pond_3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 14
  • Pond_4.jpg
    Pond_4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 14
  • pond1.jpg
    pond1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can hook you up with a couple fish if you'd like your about an hour away. Babies or a couple 2 Year olds
5th year pond (1 of 1)-5.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure, please call so we can discuss as I'm heading down to DC next week and can stop by . Thanks, Yohan (203) pm me for the rest!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Yohan Jeffereis baddddddd idea putting your number on the internet it will be on that post for possibly decades. Remember when the police told us to ut our social security number on items so they could track down. Who owned something that was stolen. Baddddddd idea

Ask a Question