Koi lost its color!!??

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Koi that I have had for 3-4 years. It was white with some orange spots. Now all of a sudden over the course of one month her orange coloring is completely gone! Ths diet is the same as it has been in years. The only difference is we made the pond larger, but the water quality is great (they have been in this new pond since may) Any idea what happened??? I do have other fish that are orange and nothin has changed with them. I am clueless!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
As they grow, the colors sometimes either come out or fade. After 3-4 years, this Koi should be 12" or more and by then the colors are usually stable.

Reaction score
Could it be a change in the pond? As I took a koi from my moms pond and put it in mine it lost all of it's color. It is about 10-12 was white with a red circle on it's head. Now it's almost all white and you can kinda see where the color was on it's head.

Reaction score
the color of a Koi is a great indication of its health. Rich, deep colors with clear markings that are well defined will tell you that a Koi fish is likely to be happy and healthy. So maybe he's still trying to adjust with the environment changes.

Ask a Question