Koi out of water

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was gone for the weekend and I came home to find my 16" koi entangle in the net above the pond. He was half in water and half out. The net damaged the scales, he was stiff but gills were slightly moving. Long story short-He made it! One month later still battling his wounds. 3% salt dips, API PIMAFIX treatment a for fungus. He is finally eating and socializing again. I am concerned about the status of his skin damage & his growing bulge (constipation?) I need guidance from people that know! Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210515_142339.jpg
    20210515_142339.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_01191.jpg
    IMG_01191.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 51

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1621219040656.gif
@Merlyn
Well that is one lucky fish but not sure what to do about the constipation if that's what it is. I know some give there fish cooked shelled peas for something but not sure if it will work for constipation. Wait I just found this on the net and it tells you down aways how to give them the peas: https://whypetfish.com/how-to-help-fish-constipation/

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 139021@Merlyn
Well that is one lucky fish but not sure what to do about the constipation if that's what it is. I know some give there fish cooked shelled peas for something but not sure if it will work for constipation. Wait I just found this on the net and it tells you down aways how to give them the peas: https://whypetfish.com/how-to-help-fish-constipation/
Thank you! I've heard of the pea solution but I've never had much luck with it in the past. I'll check out the link and try peas again. again.

Ask a Question