Koi pics

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this the section where you can post pics of your fish? I don't really see any other place.
I Just got this girl. 13" dianachi Showa. Not show quality, a little thin, but still pretty nice, at least to me.
20180821_110205.jpg
20180821_105617.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Best of luck with he / she Where did you get her as the dealers say it's all about where you get your koi. ah who cares what they say. as Mmathis said it's only important to the owner and me! good looking fish lol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best of luck with he / she Where did you get her as the dealers say it's all about where you get your koi. ah who cares what they say. as Mmathis said it's only important to the owner and me! good looking fish lol
Kodama koi farm. The breader dianachi is known for showa and its bold sumi, so im hoping that the sumi will come in nice.. She is only 18 months old.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
did you go to the jersey store ? I made a 3 hour trip to the long island store earlier this summer just to find if I had scrolled all the way to the middle of the long web page that location was closed for the year. I was less then happy. But I will admit I made the trip to jersey the following day and found the quality to be impressive. even though I was still very upset

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Rich8888ri and @CometKeith To me, that is a lovely fish! Love the colors — they’re so bright! Since I’m not a koi person, I’m ignorant when it comes to colors, patterns, and body shapes. So, what makes this gorgeous fish NOT be show quality, exactly?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I know zip about koi except what I have learned on YouTube... but I one thing they talk about is the clean color lines. I think you want to see distinct color patterns that don't bleed into each other.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know zip about koi except what I have learned on YouTube... but I one thing they talk about is the clean color lines. I think you want to see distinct color patterns that don't bleed into each other.
That is correct. The less color bleeding the better. Also the black (montegoro, not sure of spellling) on the front fins should be all black and not black and red.

Reaction score
Country
United States
did you go to the jersey store ? I made a 3 hour trip to the long island store earlier this summer just to find if I had scrolled all the way to the middle of the long web page that location was closed for the year. I was less then happy. But I will admit I made the trip to jersey the following day and found the quality to be impressive. even though I was still very upset
Yes they have nice fish there. I also picked up a ki utsuri and a gin rin goshiki. Pics below
20180805_204935.jpg
20180805_205114.jpg

Ask a Question