Koi play

Reaction score
:icon_smile:OK out there I would like to know if your koi jump? and if they do why do you think they do it? WE just installed an airation pump and now they play in the bubbles :banana: and jump over them. So are they enjoying themselves or is there a problem in my water. It tests A ok. ?????????;)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
it sounds like they got a rare form of bubbllelitis, try to slow down the bubbles and see if you can get them back under control.

Reaction score
:3601: A little to much of the bubbles you say. Hummmmmmm never herd of that one. They seem happy and playful. So maybe its a good thing. :( We will see, :banana: Love them happy.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
if i looked up the right one it has a 1 year warranty..................it said its good to a depth of 9 ft............how deep is the pond?

Reaction score
:icon_wink:The deepest one is 3 feet and the little on is 14" the third on is 28".
:grumble: We have contacted pondmaster operating temp is 120 . Its not that hot to the touch so I guess I will be sending it back to the factory? Until then the KOI can dance in the bubbles on anf off until then.::icon_mrgreen::goldfish:

Reaction score
:icon_smile: HErd from Amazon.com{ where I purchesed the pump. They are sending a replacement . Trash the defective one they say. Hummmmmm.:eek2:

Reaction score
:profile: Thought maybe I would try bigger hose and a defuser. Less back pressure might solve this problem! Stand by for update.:4_13_71: Hpoe they are not pullin my leg on this one.:grumble: They will not like the ouyt come.:FIREdevil:

Reaction score
I was wondering if Koi would like to play. I thought about getting some of those tubes like gerbils use only bigger but transparent and maybe set up an obstacle course. They look so bored during the day sometimes. I even thought of maybe golf ball size floating balls for them to push around. Is that crazy? I might need to try the bubbles, sounds like they like it.

Reaction score
:grumble: Mine to were just hangin out not to active most times. Thought that I need more air on hot summer days so we added the air pump.:claphands:They all started to swim more and play in the bubbles. They eat better and are active much more. Playing and splashing around. Very cool.:FIREdevil::profile:

Reaction score
:banana:UP DATE: The new air pump has arrived. Dh has built it a shelter to keep of the rain and sun. Very nice job to I might add. Cant believe the difference in the two pumps. The look exactly alike, but that is it. The new one is much quieter and never shuts off. HURA. Koi love it as well they still love there bubbles. Thanks Amazon.com for working with reliable companies. Problem fixed at last.:eek:

Ask a Question