Koi pond kite shade

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Has anyone put up a kite shade for cover? I was thinking of doing it. Curious to know if anyone had success with it also possibly a pic and your installation for ideas
Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
did it and used electrical conduit .I put a larger pipe in the ground with a cap on the end so dirt did not fill the pipe and then slipped my electrical conduit in it .I drilled a hole in the top of the conduit and put an eye hook through it with washers to hold it .This way i could pull the pipe out and take it all down .You have to angle the pipe so there is a little pressure on the sail .Don't have pics of it since all the work on my pond the last couple of years I have not put it back up .I guess i somehow deleted pics of it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I used shade sails that had a triangle shape and couldn't get then set right to block the sun. I changed to a square one and was very pleased. I also changed the color from tan to green. The reflection of the tan on the water made the water look muddy.

Ask a Question