Koi Pond Value

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

My wife and I moved into a new home with a (roughly) 3,000 gallon koi pond. We were wondering what the value of the fish, plants, and equipment is. Below is a list of the equipment and what I think the "new" cost would be. Any suggestions on what the value is now would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance...

Koi fish
- 3 koi about 14-20 inches in length

Equipment
- Aquadyne Sand Filter – Professional Bead Filtration System, Model –1.1 (new $1,000)
- Sequence Pump & Electromotorenwerk Motor: (new somewhere b/t $200-$400??)
- Pondovac 3: (new is $475)
- Waders: (new is $100)
- Bridge: (new is $1200??)

Plants
- We have several plants in and around the pond. Most of them are about 5 feet tall, although we have no idea what kind they are! Any ideas how much water plants cost???

Again, any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

My wife and I moved into a new home with a (roughly) 3,000 gallon koi pond. We were wondering what the value of the fish, plants, and equipment is. Below is a list of the equipment and what I think the "new" cost would be. Any suggestions on what the value is now would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance...

Koi fish
- 3 koi about 14-20 inches in length

Equipment
- Aquadyne Sand Filter – Professional Bead Filtration System, Model –1.1 (new $1,000)
- Sequence Pump & Electromotorenwerk Motor: (new somewhere b/t $200-$400??)
- Pondovac 3: (new is $475)
- Waders: (new is $100)
- Bridge: (new is $1200??)

Plants
- We have several plants in and around the pond. Most of them are about 5 feet tall, although we have no idea what kind they are! Any ideas how much water plants cost???

Again, any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The koi are worth what someone is willing to pay.
I've been offered big bucks for a couple of my koi but a lot of them I can't get rid of that are free.
Aquadyne Sand Filters are not made for ponds.
Aquadyne Bead Filters are.
Pondovac 3 maybe $200
Waders can be bought new for $50 and up depending on the brand.
Bridge it depends on what someone wants to pay you.
I guess you will need to set a price and see what happens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The koi are worth what someone is willing to pay.
I've been offered big bucks for a couple of my koi but a lot of them I can't get rid of that are free.
Aquadyne Sand Filters are not made for ponds.
Aquadyne Bead Filters are.
Pondovac 3 maybe $200
Waders can be bought new for $50 and up depending on the brand.
Bridge it depends on what someone wants to pay you.
I guess you will need to set a price and see what happens.

Reaction score
Thanks, DoDad.

I may have mis-typed. It's actually a Bead filter, not a sand filter. (I'm pretty sure it's pond-specific).

Thanks for the input!

Reaction score
Thanks, DoDad.

I may have mis-typed. It's actually a Bead filter, not a sand filter. (I'm pretty sure it's pond-specific).

Thanks for the input!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Post a photo of the bridge. I manufacture and sell plans for them. I can give you my estimate for what it is worth. Any details on length and materials is also helpful.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Post a photo of the bridge. I manufacture and sell plans for them. I can give you my estimate for what it is worth. Any details on length and materials is also helpful.

Reaction score
DrDave,

Thanks for the offer! The bridge is wood (not sure what type. It's 12 feet long by about 4 feet across. There is a low rail going across either side. As for posting a picture... not sure how to do that on the forum.

The bridge is about 8 years old, though, so I'm not expecting too much. To be honest, my wife and I are looking to sell the whole setup. I'd post a link, but that's probably not allowed on the forum.

Thanks everyone for the input! My wife and I appreciate it...

Reaction score
DrDave,

Thanks for the offer! The bridge is wood (not sure what type. It's 12 feet long by about 4 feet across. There is a low rail going across either side. As for posting a picture... not sure how to do that on the forum.

The bridge is about 8 years old, though, so I'm not expecting too much. To be honest, my wife and I are looking to sell the whole setup. I'd post a link, but that's probably not allowed on the forum.

Thanks everyone for the input! My wife and I appreciate it...

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Without more information or a photo, I can't help you. You will may have to pay someone to haul it off. An 8 year old bridge with unkown materials is not going to be a hot seller. If I were you, I would make a package deal where the buyer must take all.

Craigs List is your best bet. Here or any other forum you would have to get a local buyer, not too many are going to buy without seeing any of the other stuff.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Without more information or a photo, I can't help you. You will may have to pay someone to haul it off. An 8 year old bridge with unkown materials is not going to be a hot seller. If I were you, I would make a package deal where the buyer must take all.

Craigs List is your best bet. Here or any other forum you would have to get a local buyer, not too many are going to buy without seeing any of the other stuff.

Reaction score
Thanks, Dr. Dave. We've actually been working on a Craigslist ad. I think that's the way we're going to go... all or nothing!

Thanks, everyone, for the input!

Reaction score
Thanks, Dr. Dave. We've actually been working on a Craigslist ad. I think that's the way we're going to go... all or nothing!

Thanks, everyone, for the input!

Ask a Question