koi spawning

Reaction score
My mom's koi started to spawn today, water is all cloudy and fish are going nuts. curently has some home made mop heads in there and fish are all around them.

when should she take the mop heads out?

Reaction score
IMG_0408.jpg

well she deffiently has eggs, here is one bucket that i brought home to put in my pond. If they hatch thats great if not oh well, not really expecting to get much out of them.

They are curently placed in a 20-30 gal trash can that i was going to use for a skimmer that is floating in the pond. the sides have 2inch x 10inch cut out for water flow that is covered by plastic screen to keep the other fish out.

Im hoping to get a few fry that stay alive, looks to be a few 1000 eggs in there.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if its too late in the year for koi to spwan again as my white female fancy fin is swelled up like a ballon in the last couple of days ! I live in Bama
TKS Coolwind

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I suppose it is possible. Have a place ready for her to lay the eggs.
Mine always spawn in May and June. I have heard of fall spawns.

Reaction score
I had eggs last week that I noticed. Appeared to be from the goldies. I was not ready for the spawn, so the eggs were sitting under a plant ring I have. I think this wacky weather has fish spawning at unusual times.

I do hear from friends all the time that they've had spawns at random times through summer. You will see autumn spawns as well when the temps start to cool and it resembles spring temps.

Reaction score
Thanks
I will mover her & the Male I want to match up in to a 275 gallon tank
Happy 4th to you all as i will be @ work Hospital never Close
LOL

Ask a Question