Free Koi to a Good Home

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I have a 2,000 gallon pond with a few too many Koi, they were great when they were small, but they have been growing larger and larger (I know classic mistake). Anyway, they are 8-12” in length, nothing special in terms of coloring. I need to give away five of them.

I have no idea how to catch them or how to transport them yet, but I wanted to socialize the idea and see if someone has a home for them.

I am in the DFW area, Southlake to be specific. Please PM if you are interested.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have had luck rehoming my fish using craigslist.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You might want to search out a pond contractor in your area & ask them if they'd be able to take some off your hands. You might have to pay them for time if they have to drain the pond to catch them, but it might be the only way to do it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Drain the pond? Let’s hope not… I think with some help I can catch them.

thanks for the Craigslist recommendation.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2,000 gallon pond with a few too many Koi, they were great when they were small, but they have been growing larger and larger (I know classic mistake). Anyway, they are 8-12” in length, nothing special in terms of coloring. I need to give away five of them.

I have no idea how to catch them or how to transport them yet, but I wanted to socialize the idea and see if someone has a home for them.

I am in the DFW area, Southlake to be specific. Please PM if you are interested.
Hi there my name is Bill I'm in need of about 5 or 6 fish.

Ask a Question