Koi vs goldfish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We bought a few Koi. I believe two a few years ago. Also a few shubunkin. And a few regular goldfish I think. There are two rather large fish in our pond and the rest of them. One is all orange and has a clear, white ish tail that is split in the middle. It looks rather streamline. There is another one that is the exact same size and is all black. Do you think those two are the koi? There is also a newer and smaller fish that has an orange base color and black patches on them. Is that an offspring of koi?

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_2192.JPG
Can you get pictures of them?
Super crappy picture. If you need better I'll have to wait until feeding time again. That's just the orange one. You can see it's body shape and clear tail

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks like goldfish but it could be a mixed breed .Koi have barbels on there face that stick out .

Reaction score
Country
United States
looks like goldfish but it could be a mixed breed .Koi have barbels on there face that stick out .
We have shubunkin, koi, and regular goldfish. I'm doing a pond expansion this week and will be keeping them in containers for a day or two. Will be able to inspect better then

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
all look pure shubunken to me , did u buy koi in 1st place ? as u dont know the difference how can u b sure u had , i see 2 yellowish fish at the bottom , not clear , are they same? they look more like koi but not sure until u hv closeup
koi has broad head and torpido body and they are fast swimer then goldfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
all look pure shubunken to me , did u buy koi in 1st place ? as u dont know the difference how can u b sure u had , i see 2 yellowish fish at the bottom , not clear , are they same? they look more like koi but not sure until u hv closeup
koi has broad head and torpido body and they are fast swimer then goldfish
I bought koi from a store

Ask a Question