Koi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a pond filled with 20 koi carp recently 3 have died and I treated the pond for fin rot and bacterial but another one has died. It have a white cut on its body recently and when it died I got it out and the white has spread. They have all had similar symptom.
Can anyone help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
poor water quality and is the water tested and koi need lots of aeration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
poor water quality and is the water tested and koi need lots of aeration

Water has been tested and it was fine which is why they can't figure or what's wrong with them. The others that died floated but this one sank. Really confused.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What does fine mean .Lack of air as koi get bigger is a killer and could some type of chemical gotten in the water.Could there also be an electrical short in a pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does fine mean .Lack of air as koi get bigger is a killer and could some type of chemical gotten in the water.Could there also be an electrical short in a pump

They belong to a friend so just trying to help. He said the water was tested and they were happy with the water and that wasn't the reason, he has a few pumps on the pond to get an oxygen flow. Would lack of oxygen cause the white marks??

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Tell your friend to log on here would be my first recommendation - must easier to talk directly to the horses mouth. We need more info - like how many gallons is the pond? How many fish? How long have they been in this pond? What kind of filtration? What has he used to treat the pond? And like @sissy said - we need test NUMBERS, not just "good" or "they were happy with them".

We'd love to help, but it's like taking shots in the dark without good information.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's all gone and I didn't get to read it.
upload_2018-10-3_16-21-51.gif
@Evah

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love that crazy imogee or what ever you call it jw

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This original post can be read now, I could not see it yesterday.

That's not exactly the what the post said the first time - the first time he/she said it was a friend who had the issue. It's similar, but like it was re-written in the first person. That's why I replied and suggested the friend log in and chat with us instead of going through a third party. And now the OP has disappeared as a member.

Ask a Question